In order for my disease to win, I need to squeeze an untenable situation into my daily mental processes. The Continue reading
1. If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.
2. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
3. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.
5. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
6. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
7. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
8. Self-seeking will slip away.
9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
10. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
12. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us – sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
It was amazing, how often I found myself in miserable situations. And if I could blame myself for them, all Continue reading
It’s not the first thing I think of. In fact, it’s often dead last. And it turns out to be Continue reading
Intuition is like having freckles, or being double-jointed. A Month of Promises (pages 83-84), sentence 11: We will intuitively know Continue reading
I know fear is at the root of everything, but my defense mechanisms took over years ago and became out-of-control Continue reading
One of the rare side benefits of being a hating, isolating, full-blown alcoholic is that not trusting people taught me Continue reading
I’m not saying that all douchebags have goatees. I’m just saying that only douchebags have goatees. A Month of Promises Continue reading
How many times did people in my life break my trust? And how many times did they break my trust Continue reading